Rowville is a suburb in Melbourne, Victoria,
Australia, 27 km south-east from Melbourne's central business district.
Its local government area is the City of Knox. At the 2011 Census,
Rowville had a population of 34,145.
Rowville is named after the
Row family, whose property Stamford Park was established in 1882. The
Stamford Park homestead has been restored in recent years by Knox
Council. Geographically, Rowville is one of the largest suburbs
south-east of Melbourne. Rowville Post Office opened on 20 December 1905
and closed in 1987. In 1989 it reopened in the new Stud Park (formerly
Josh Grant Park) Shopping Centre.
Rowville has developed rapidly
over the 1980s and 1990s, especially in terms of housing and light
industrial activities. Culturally, Rowville is still developing, like
many of Melbourne’s outer suburbs. Development has included the
construction of the Wellington Village shopping centre on Wellington
Road, complementing the Rowville Lakes shopping centre on Kelletts Road.
is at the intersection of many local government areas with the suburb
connecting to suburbs within the Shire of Yarra Ranges, City of Monash,
City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey and City of Knox.
has one dual-campus high school, Rowville Secondary College, with an
Eastern Campus (7-10) and a Western Campus (7-12). Students from the
Eastern Campus move to the Western Campus to complete their VCE.
are 4 government primary schools, Rowville Primary, Karoo Primary
School, Heany Park Primary and Park Ridge Primary, and one Catholic
Primary School, St. Simons the Apostle Primary School. When Lysterfield
Primary School was relocated to its present site, it was in Rowville,
however the boundary between the suburbs has changed and Lysterfield
Primary is once again in Lysterfield.
St. Simons Primary School celebrated their 25th-year anniversary in 2007.
Karoo Primary School celebrated their 20th-year anniversary in 2012.
Rowville Primary schools celebrates its 40th Birthday in 2013.
- Rowville Football Club in the Eastern Football League
- St. Simons Football Club in the Eastern Football League
- Lysterfield Junior Football Club in the Eastern Football League
- Rowville Cricket Club in the Ferntree Gully District Cricket Association
- Eildon Park Cricket Club in the Ferntree Gully District Cricket Association
- Lysterfield Cricket Club in the Ferntree Gully District Cricket Association
- Rowville Eagles Soccer Club
- Knox United Soccer Club located in Karoo Rd
- Knox Churches Soccer Club
- Blue Park on Sovereign Crest Boulevard
- Eildon Park Tennis Club
- Rowville Tennis Club
- Rowville Netball Club
- Aston Athletic FC
- Bird Pigeon Racing Club on Victoria Knox Ave
- Turtle Collection on Pickworth Crescent
- Rowville Rockets Basketball Club
play at the course of the Kingston Links on Corporate Avenue, at the
course of the Tirhatuan Park Golf Club on Police and Stud Roads or at
the course of the Waverley Golf Club on Bergins Road.
This information has been sourced from Wikipedia.