Rowville is a suburb in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 27 km south-east from Melbourne's central business district. Its local government area is the City of Knox. At the 2011 Census, Rowville had a population of 34,145.
Rowville is named after the Row family, whose property Stamford Park was established in 1882. The Stamford Park homestead has been restored in recent years by Knox Council. Geographically, Rowville is one of the largest suburbs south-east of Melbourne. Rowville Post Office opened on 20 December 1905 and closed in 1987. In 1989 it reopened in the new Stud Park (formerly Josh Grant Park) Shopping Centre.
Rowville has developed rapidly over the 1980s and 1990s, especially in terms of housing and light industrial activities. Culturally, Rowville is still developing, like many of Melbourne’s outer suburbs. Development has included the construction of the Wellington Village shopping centre on Wellington Road, complementing the Rowville Lakes shopping centre on Kelletts Road.
Rowville is at the intersection of many local government areas with the suburb connecting to suburbs within the Shire of Yarra Ranges, City of Monash, City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey and City of Knox.
Rowville has one dual-campus high school, Rowville Secondary College, with an Eastern Campus (7-10) and a Western Campus (7-12). Students from the Eastern Campus move to the Western Campus to complete their VCE.
There are 4 government primary schools, Rowville Primary, Karoo Primary School, Heany Park Primary and Park Ridge Primary, and one Catholic Primary School, St. Simons the Apostle Primary School. When Lysterfield Primary School was relocated to its present site, it was in Rowville, however the boundary between the suburbs has changed and Lysterfield Primary is once again in Lysterfield.
St. Simons Primary School celebrated their 25th-year anniversary in 2007.
Karoo Primary School celebrated their 20th-year anniversary in 2012.
Rowville Primary schools celebrates its 40th Birthday in 2013.
- Rowville Football Club in the Eastern Football League
- St. Simons Football Club in the Eastern Football League
- Lysterfield Junior Football Club in the Eastern Football League
- Rowville Cricket Club in the Ferntree Gully District Cricket Association
- Eildon Park Cricket Club in the Ferntree Gully District Cricket Association
- Lysterfield Cricket Club in the Ferntree Gully District Cricket Association
- Rowville Eagles Soccer Club
- Knox United Soccer Club located in Karoo Rd
- Knox Churches Soccer Club
- Blue Park on Sovereign Crest Boulevard
- Eildon Park Tennis Club
- Rowville Tennis Club
- Rowville Netball Club
- Aston Athletic FC
- Bird Pigeon Racing Club on Victoria Knox Ave
- Turtle Collection on Pickworth Crescent
- Rowville Rockets Basketball Club
- Golfers play at the course of the Kingston Links on Corporate Avenue, at the course of the Tirhatuan Park Golf Club on Police and Stud Roads or at the course of the Waverley Golf Club on Bergins Road.
This information has been sourced from Wikipedia.